On Friday, October 2nd ELCS will be running a Two-Hour Delay, a new protocol to be considered as part of our inclement weather plan.
This two-hour delay plan will help ELCS balance the need to have the required number of instructional days per year with keeping our students, families, and employees safe on hazardous winter roads.
How would a 2-Hour Delay work?
- All buses will leave exactly 2 hours later than normal. If your child is picked up at 7:30 AM, the bus should pick your child up at 9:30 AM in a 2-Hour Delay, for example.
- Parents who normally drop their children off at ELCS should do so two hours later than they normally would do.
- The official school start time in a 2-Hour Delay will be 10:00 AM.
- Students and staff will report to their 3rd period classes, and resume the school day normally from there.
- Elementary teachers may make schedule changes as they see fit, but students in grades 6-12 will begin the day in 3rd period and proceed normally.
- Breakfast will not be served, but lunch will be served at the usual time.
- School will dismiss at the regular time, 3:00 PM.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we add this procedure to our safety efforts!